Saturday, July 10, 2010

Updates I'm looking forward to seeing this month...

After reading Behind the Scenes for July, I made up my mind about which updates I'm looking forward to and which ones I really don't see affecting me.

Well, we've already seen the first promised update being released in the form of the new quest, Love Story. This is one update that would probably not affect me for quite a while, since I have neither the skills, nor the urge to complete this quest. Perhaps a little later, when I finally find time to complete WGS, and even for that I have to clear a lot of other quests before I can even start on.

As for the addition of hidden resource dungeons, I have a feeling the ways I can benefit from this updated would be quite limited as well, seeing that my dungeoneering level is nowhere decent enough to be able to access the better dungeons, assuming that the more useful ones only are made exclusive to the higher levels. This gives me the incentive and reason to continue training the skill though, not only to get the bonecrusher I've been going for, but also for the access to these resource dungeons when they are released.
The class rings rewards are definitely the update I'm the most excited about. I have always assumed the role of a warrior in most of the raids that I go on, some little help in gathering extra defense, especially against those pesky mysterious shades would certainly thrill me. I'm sure that it would be very useful for me when I go on my solo raids in terms of gathering resources as well, not to mention group raids, where extra armor always helps.

The prospect of incorporating the Construction skill into Dungeoneering, especially that of being able to build my own altar in the starting room sounds like a very practical use for the skill to me, not to mention saving myself the effort to search all over for altars. Hopefully I'll able to build the altar at my level.

Improvements to the Single-Player instance dungeons is pretty appealing to me as well since I do go on solo raids very often, and sometimes it is really nice to be able to log off and know that my progress would be saved if I needed a break.

The re-work of the treasure trails and the new elite trails do sound interesting, but that's all I feel about them, I do trails only for the potential to earn some huge money, so it doesn't really matter to me whether I get a trail specific item or not, especially if it becomes so common due to the guarantee that one will be given for each trail and results in it having a low price. As for the elite trails, the puzzles sound difficult, and I've always been rather inapt at puzzles, so I foresee the Celtic knot puzzle being a real challenge to me.

I've also recently reached 100M total experience, which is quite cool, I guess. I've managed to get move even closer to 99 defence as well, and I'm only 700k away from it at this moment.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As for merching, it seems pretty successful and promising so far, I've made 1.2M in the past 10 days, which is pretty decent, considering that it barely takes 5 minutes of my time daily.

No comments: