Thursday, July 29, 2010

Unlocked: Ability to investigate starved Farming effigies!

t's been a while since I last posted due to schoolwork piling up. The dismal results I've received for the mid-year examinations did not exactly motivate me to blog either. Anyway, I shall try to generate a post per week, just so that I can update and track progress and share stuff along the way. Due to the same reasons, I haven't exactly been very active, only logging in for a farming round and some light training while I have dinner or when I'm taking a break from studying.

And yes, I've achieved level 91 Farming a while ago, which grants me the ability to investigate Starved Farming Effigies! Well, I don't see myself being able to help a lot of people out since 91 Farming is not that great yet but I guess I'm on my way there. Eventually. Still, I'm really looking forward to reaching 92 Farming, since it would represent the half-way point to maxing the skill.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After my failed merching attempt, which I mentioned in the last post, I've just found a new item to try out today and hopefully I'll be able to last for longer this time. As for the losses, I'll just plant the seeds and see if I can recoup my losses through selling ranarr weed. I bought 300 seeds for about 24.3-24.5k each, and that costs about 7-8m in total worth *when* I bought it. It dipped to 19k a while ago and is now falling yet again after a small improvement a couple of days ago. I suspect this might have something to do with the new resource dungeons but that's just pure conjecture at this point in time. Wish me luck on attempt #2!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This was taken a while ago (24/07/10) when seed prices were at its lowest, if i'm not mistaken.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This was taken earlier today (29/07/10). Slight improvement overall, but still experiencing a fall in prices.

On another separate, random issue of skill rankings, I was reminded of a discussion I had with a few friends who used to play RS with me about whether it is more prestigious to have many decently high skills, or a few in which one can be exceptional in terms of rankings. I remember sitting on the fence with that at that point in time and I still feel roughly the same. Though I have a slight lean towards having a few skills that we can be truly proud of instead of being a jack of all trades. I do see the merits of having all skills to be relatively well balanced and I am working towards that, but sometimes I think it is really worth it to just spend some extra time training past 99 to make a jump in rankings. This is especially so since there are many who simply stop after getting the cape and investing some more time and effort would push rankings up quite a fair bit.

That's what I did for fishing and cooking, and I'm still cooking fish every now and then when I fish my own supplies. I did the same with strength, except I didn't really have a choice in this case since I was hunting for crimson charms after I got the cape and was stuck at the Waterfiends for quite a while. I've yet to be able to train defence sadly, also since I am rarely online enough to be able to train it much anyway, but that's definitely going to happen once I am able to resume my previous level of activity.

Oh and I was finally convinced that I should not get the bonecrusher after reading this post by Vaskor.

No comments: