Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Revelation

I've received my GCE O' Levels results this Monday. It was a painful wait, especially since I wasn't particularly certain of how I fared compared to the other sutdents in Singapore. I was rather jubilant upon receiving my results, seeing the first 3 subjects marked with an 'A' , in other words, a distinction. The happiness soon evolved into contemtment as I realised that I had not achieved the straight 'A's that I was secretly aiming for, instead ending up with 2 'B's in the 8 papers that I took together. After tabluating the score though, disappointment set in as I realised that am only 1 mark away from the Arts stream of my dream school, Anglo-Chinese Junior College. That was quite a distasteful realisation, and knowing that my friend, Forminable didn't do as good as he could didn't help with the disappointment either. I'm probably going to sound whiny if I carry on with the ranting, but I want to share my results and though i feel satisfied with my results, I'm not entirely happy with them.

English: A1 (Top grade attainable. Woohoo!)
Chinese: A1
Higher Chinese: A1
Elementary Mathematics: A2
Physics: A2
Combined Humanities ( Social Studies and History): A2
Additional Mathematics: B3
Chemistry: B4

Raw L1R5: 11
Finalised L1R5: 8

Meh, I'm still thankful that I have a final score that is a single digit, although 1 lesser would be perfect if I want to be more sure of a seating in my dream school. Tim and I sent in our choice of schools together yesterday and will be looking forward to hearing the results at the end of the month. Wish us both luck!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stuff achieved today: None.

No comments: