Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Almost over...

Finally, the month-long examinations are coming to an end. How i fared, I'd rather skip that. I definitely underperformed. Still, I'm looking forward to the packed schedule after the end of the exams. I'll be away for 3 overseas trips. Woots. I get all excited just thinking about them.

Back to Runescape, training have been rather hard to do since my computer had not been functioning properly. Sometimes i can switch it on, sometimes i can't. So yeah, i already lost the fishing race i ha with Zelda. The boy's doing great though, and i see a 99 from him pretty soon. Anyway, yeah I've been doing things i enjoy doing today. Ranarr rounds, clue scrolls, spending some time training with my irl friends, i am rather surprised at how Runescape can be a simple, fun game when what we are not just obsessed with money-making,exp-gaining, and skilling. This seem to be all i had been concerned with lately. The need for speed in skilling, the need for profit, the need for levels even. I guess we all need to take a break occasionally and do the things we like, the things that puts a smile on our face as we go about doing them.

Anyway, Halloween event was great. We got 2 Halloween tasks, a quest and the usual event. For the quest, we had to enchant a broom for Maggie by taking it to 3 other witches located in Rimmington, Port Sarim and Draynor respectively. We also had to complete a series of tasks and puzzles in order to receive their help. For the event, we had to trick-or-treat in the areas of Draynor, Rimmington and Port Sarim. We had to don a Halloween outfit, and i decided to go with an impressive-looking one rather than a scary one. After some contemplation, i decided to go with my outfit for 99 cooking. Chef's Hat, Desert Robes, Holy Symbol, a Tambourine and completed the look with a dashing cooking cape. I even got a compliment on my look! :D Trick-or-treating took slightly longer since the residents simply refused to give me the wrapped candies i wanted but barraged me with popcorn balls instead. Still, after some convincing, i managed to gather enough sweet treats to complete the event. I was rewarded with a new set of costume (which i dumped right after because i thought it looked disastrous). The quest reward was so much better though, i got 10 gulps of Maggie's goulash which got me 8k exp for farming. Overall, i would rate the Halloween event this time a decent 7/10. I definitely preferred last year's event and would definitely like to see more events of that standard. Still, the areas had a really 'Halloween' feel to them and i would applaud Jagex for that.

Photobucket
Peering into the cauldron in order to get the emote

Photobucket First puzzle, easy as pie.

Photobucket I told you someone said my costume was l33t!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Thanks Kat! ps. You could have checked my highscores, ya know

Photobucket

Photobucket Even the penguins were being festive!

Photobucket Kat, Tim and Me. A picture of the leaders of Blessings ^^

Stuff achieved today : 65 slayer.

No comments: