Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lunar Diplomacy.

Under Tim's advice, I decided to get a spirit tree planted in Etceteria. So I decided to start Lunar Diplomacy in order to get access to Suroths. Surprisingly, both Lunar Diplomacy and the subsequent quest, Dream Mentor interested me so much that I completed both at one go, with Tim and Kat cheering me on as I fought off the boss in all its 4 forms. Those quests were rather entertaining, and I especially enjoyed the boss fights.

I also recently made an observation. I wonder if this is a pure coincidence but I chanced upon this player who had released an onslaught of insults on myself during a clan wars game a few days ago. Of course, I avoided him and left him to do his own stuff while I killed my own waterfiends, sticking to my own spot. Soon after, another player came by, a friendly girl, I must say, who came over and said 'Hi', then continued to converse with me. After a while of crushing waterfiends, I ran out of food, so I asked the lady if she had any cooked sharks to trade with my raws. (She could use her bunyip's 'Swallow whole' technique to consume those raw sharks) Unfortunately, she didn't happen to have enough food for herself. Suddenly though, rudeman came over and asked me if I wanted to trade with him and so I accepted the offer, and traded my raw sharks with his cooked sharks. He even threw in a few rocktails as a gift.

I was shocked. Did the man not recognize me? Or was it just a random display of kindness? We even resumed to have a civil, even enjoyable conversation during my stay there. It didn't add up, one day, he was such an angry and aggressive player in clan wars, yet on another incident, he became a generous and helpful guy. After some thought, I reckon that my only conclusion is possibly because of the nature of the activity we are engaging in. In Clan wars, it was a battle of strength, of domination and of pride. Maybe that's why testosterones are rising and tension is high. And for killing waterfiends, it was an individual thing, as long as players stick to their own spot. Relatively peaceful and non-aggressive.

Maybe be that's it. Maybe he just forgot about me. Maybe I was just thinking too much. But people at waterfiends, you need to learn how to hop when it is too crowded! :(

No comments: